Friday, December 31, 2010

Where Have I Been?

After my last post, I spent two more days in Ushuaia, the first one hiking all the way to the Chilean border with a British chap I met at the bus station. Then I boarded a boat and after two and a half days at sea, reached the shores of Antarctica.

Ten days later I returned to Ushuaia. From there I flew to Salta, in the Northwestern part of Argentina, and spent the next couple of days travelling to villages in the area and hiking through the mountains. One afternoon was spent at the Salt Flats and finally two days travelling around the area of Cafayete.

From there it was off to Buenos Aires, with a short trip into Uruguay before finally heading back to New York. Thus ended three months of life changing journey. My friends Koby and Debi, who had crashed in my apartment over Christmas weekend, had left me a bottle of whiskey – just what I needed to get started up again with real life.

(Pictures from the trip can be found on my Facebook page, and I’m sorry for leaving out all the details – there is just too much to write and too little time to do it any justice).

No comments:

Post a Comment