Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bon Voyage

For those of you that haven’t been following my life of late, here’s the quick summary: two months ago I sublet my Manhattan apartment and left everything behind to go spend time in Jerusalem, near the café-clad streets of Emek Refaim. I left the Holy City earlier this week, and after a series of stopovers, cancelled flights, and too few martinis, I am now en route to South America.

Approximately fifty percent of my luggage is kosher food. Wondering how to stave hunger over the next few weeks has become a bit of an obsession, so it’s not surprising that when I found free kosher humus-dip packets at an airport condiment stand I grabbed one and placed it snug inside my pocket.

Airports are a funny place, if you can think positively and let go of the nuisance that is modern day air travel. I have encountered two people walking dogs through the terminal, a Rasta man using a bulging sack as his carry on, and one woman who asked if I would kindly open my jacket so she can read my shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment